Salt Lake City– The U.S. Small Business Administration Utah District Office is now accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year. Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” SBA Administrator Linda McMahon said. “A National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement. I encourage you to visit our dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw to download forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination. I look forward to your nomination and wish you the best of luck.”
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week on May 5-11, 2019 include the following:
Small Business Person of the Year
One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
Small Business Exporter of the Year
Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
All nominations must be submitted no later than 1 p.m. MST, Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019. All Utah nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to:
SBA Utah District Office
125 South State Street, Room 2227
Salt Lake City, Utah 84138
Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
For contact information and other Utah District Office information visit online at www.sba.gov/ut or call (801) 524-3217.