Salt Lake City – Today, McDonald’s announced that the company and its franchisees are investing approximately $25 million in Utah throughout 2018 and 2019 on the construction and modernization of more than 35 McDonald’s restaurants, transforming the customer experience inside and outside the restaurant. In total, McDonald’s and franchisees are investing $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in Utah.
With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
- Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for a meal easier. Kiosks empower guests to browse the menu, find options and tailor their meal just the way they want.
- Remodeled counters allow for new table service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made
- Bright and easy to read digital menu boards inside and at the drive through
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
“This is an exciting time for McDonald’s. Utah restaurants started the transformation in 2015. We are proud to continue the work this year and next, investing over $25 million to provide a new experience, look and feel for guests at 117 McDonald’s locations across Utah,” said Cory Watson, Salt Lake City McDonald’s Owner Operator. “We are pleased that our modernization supports local architecture, engineering and construction jobs across the state.”
“It is great to see the economic investments McDonald’s is making within the State of Utah,” said Howard Stephenson, Utah State Senator. “This money has translated into more jobs for Utah residents both inside and outside of the restaurant.”
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald’s has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 US restaurants. In Utah, McDelivery is available from Ogden to Provo.
About McDonald’s in Utah
All Utah McDonald’s locally owned and operated. The local McDonald’s restaurants annually feed more than $83.6 million into the Utah economy and employ more than 6,300 people at 117 restaurants statewide.
About McDonald’s USA
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Recently the company committed $150 million over five years to extend benefits of its global Archways to Opportunity education program, announced goals to improve its packaging and have recycling in all of its restaurants by 2025 and pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to McDonald’s restaurants and offices by 36% by 2030. For more information, visitwww.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonaldsUS.