West Valley–Harmons Neighborhood Grocer is becoming part of the Daybreak neighborhood. Utah’s Neighborhood Grocer announces construction plans for its newest store today, the North Shore Market. This new neighborhood grocery store is anticipated to open early 2020 with construction slated to begin in 2019. Once completed the North Shore Market marks Harmons 20th grocery store in Utah.
“Daybreak is a natural fit for Harmons Grocery and we are looking forward to moving into the community,” said Harmons’ president, CEO, Dean Peterson. “We are overwhelmed by the support we’ve received from the city and Daybreak Communities and look forward to opening our doors to these good neighbors in 2020.”
Like the name suggests, this Harmons store will be located on the north shore of Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak. It is anticipated that the North Shore Market will bring nearly 150 new jobs to the area including a cooking school chef, registered dietitian, in-store artist, artisan bakers, delicatessen chefs among other talented associates. For those interested in applying visit www.harmonsgrocery.com/careers
The approximate 18,000 square foot, multi-story location will anchor the larger North Shore Village Center that will include additional retail, restaurant and residential development in a highly walkable environment. The building will be designed with the look and feel of the surrounding neighborhood. Customers can expect to enjoy:
- More than 2,300 local products and Harmons’ premium private label products
- Delicious, chef prepared salads, sides, dips, and made fresh daily artisan breads
- Fresh salad bar, soup bar, and hot entrees for easy assembly and pick up
- Gourmet cheese island and olive bar with knowledgeable and helpful Cheesemonger
- Italian gelato and coffee bar featuring locally roasted coffee from Caffe Ibis
- Full-service pharmacy with generous Foodie Club rewards program
- Cooking school featuring classes for all skill levels taught by trained chefs
- 2,400 square foot mezzanine with comfortable seating
“We’re thrilled to have Harmons in the neighborhood. The smaller format neighborhood market is a proven concept that fits perfectly into the character of Daybreak. Our residents have been asking for an experience like this for years, and we believe it will become an instant fixture in the community,” said Scott Kaufmann, Daybreak’s Senior VP of Commercial Development.
Harmons is dedicated to supporting Utah vendors and suppliers, ensuring customers receive fresh, unique products daily. Harmons customers experience the most comprehensive selection of local items in the state.