Utah’s business landscape is rich with professionals who have le...Read More
Social Media and Employers: Friends or Enemies?
The Case for HSAs
Time to Show Up
Make a Move
In the Lab
Rent to Own
Back from the Dead
A Breath of Fresh Air
Travel & Tourism
Utah Business magazine in association with the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA) is now accepting nominations for our 2013 CFO of the Year award program. This award honors Chief Financial Officers or similar senior financial managers in Utah organizations who successfully fulfill the increasingly essential and strategic role of financial stewards for an organization.
The honorees for the 2013 awards will be executives who work as a partner with the CEO in guiding the company through the various financial storms and sunny days a company may encounter. We recognize that in recent years the role of CFO has left the realm of maintaining financial records and now works hand in glove with the executive team as a guide in navigating a company’s financial future. Our hope is to recognize those individuals who have truly risen to this task as financial stewards.
Nominations are due March 22, 2013. Nominations can be submitted online at http://dev.utahbusiness.com/nominations/add/cfo_of_the_year or emailed directly to Sarah Ryther Francom at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. When you email, please include the following information:
Public, Private, Non-Profit or Government?:
Date appointed CFO:
Please address the following questions:
1. Nominee narrative (provide a brief description of the CFO's career background).
2. How did the company perform/grow in 2012 in terms of financials, services offered, innovations, number of offices/locations/stores and other quantifiable measurements?
3. How did this person contribute to the growth of the organization in the past year or more?
4. How has the CFO helped position the company for continued success in the short and long term?
5. How does the CFO manage risk? How does the CFO adapt to changes in the marketplace?